Organization is something that is normally different for every person. However there are things in every home that are the same. I bet that if I came to your home right now you would have a few items from each category ready to be purged. This being said, try going through this list about once a month and getting rid of anything you don’t need.
1. Newspapers & Magazines: Magazines and Newspapers take up space and make your home look cluttered. Most of the time you will read through a magazine once and then it will continue to sit there. If there is an article you like and want to keep rip it out and save it in a binder or find it online and bookmark it to read at a later date.
2. Toiletries & Personal Products: Most products like this have a shorter expiration date then you think. Liquids normally expire around 6-9 months and powders and cremes around 1-2 years. Going through your bathroom and getting rid of expired pastes, cremes, and powders is a great way to create extra space.
3. Cleaning Supplies: Cleaning supplies tend to have a shelf life of about 2 years. So it’s a good idea to go through them and figure out what needs to stay and what can go. If there are two of the same kind of cleaner and neither are full combine the two and save space in your cupboard.
4. Anything Expired in Your Kitchen: We all have the can of beans that we bought forever ago that we’ve never used or completely forgot about. Go through your pantry and get rid of all old food. This will create more space for new items and you will have a better idea of what not to buy because it never gets eaten.
5. Mismatched Food & Storage Containers: Go through all of your food storage containers and find the matches of lids to container. If there are any lids or containers without a match at the end, throw them away. This is simple yet so satisfying. If there are any containers that are broken or warped get rid of these as well.